How to Set Up a Reserved Seating Event
Add Reserved Seat Sections
Add rows and columns to simulate your section
Add or auto-generate seat numbers
Add colors to seats to designate pricing tiers
Create Seating Maps
Upload a seating map image or create one real-time
Hotspot sections so users can click to select them
Add icons to designate special areas on the map
Create multiple hold categories (e.g., artist, VIP, etc.)
Assign desired seats to applicable hold categories
Customers can select seats in your online store
Staff can select seats in your virtual box office
See how our Event Presenters have used Reserved Seating
to Generate Incremental Ticket Sales
John recommends Yapsody to everyone. He even convinced another theatre group in the area to use Yapsody for their ticketing. They have assigned seating so between Yapsody support and his help, they got that set up and it works beautifully. He is also quick to recommend Yapsody whenever anyone on social media asks for ticketing website advice. Learn more
Artistic Director, Spotlight Studios for the Performing Arts
Many of the features we were looking for, like customized tickets and reserved seating, came at highly marked-up costs. We also couldn’t get any recognition as a nonprofit. Selling tickets was easy and checking them in at the event was quick and simple. We have received many comments from our guests that they really enjoyed our events and that the whole process was very professional. This was due in large part to Yapsody. Learn more
The Hope for Fertility Foundation
With Yapsody’s reserved seating features, all forms of seating confusion and chaos at the theater was eliminated. Temple Sinai Players was able to give each attendee the ability to reserve the seat of their choice while buying the ticket. Learn more
Co producer for a community theater group Temple Sinai Players
Frequently Asked Question
For any Reserved Seating event, we charge two fee components:
- Flat per ticket Service Fee (this fee varies country to country based on the currency you select)
- 2.5 % processing of the ticket price
Learn more about our Pricing and Discounting Tiers here.
- Login to your Yapsody Dashboard and click on “CREATE EVENT” tab that is located on the Top left of the screen between your Account name and Search bar.
- Select the option ‘Create an Event with Reserved Seating’.
- You will be redirected to the Event Creation page where you need to enter details for Event Info, Seating, Pricing, Hold Management, etc.
- Click on the option ‘Add Performance’ under Event Info tab to add multiple performances. Learn More
- You can create Multiple Ticket types and enable different price points for those tickets.
- Select the “Pricing” tab on your event dashboard where you will see options like Billing, Pricing, Discounts, Surcharges, Taxes and Access Code.
- Select the option ‘Add Ticket Type’ under Pricing.
- You will get a pop-up window with options to name the Ticket Type and add the description and pricing for the ticket type.
- Click on “Enable” button and mention the ticket price. Learn more
- Click on the Seating Tab on your event dashboard.
- Click on the option ‘Seating Chart’ where you will be displayed the option to add Seating Chart image on the left side with all the sections created by you.
- Click on the option ‘Background Image’. You will get a pop-up window to select the image.
- Select the image you want to upload as your Seating Chart. Learn more
- Yes. You can create an event with both General Admission and Reserved Seating plans.
- While creating an event you need to create a Reserve Seating event and add a General Admission Section. (Learn how to Add General Admission to a Reserve Seating Event)
There are a lot of great reasons to use Yapsody.
Interact and connect effectively with your attendee by presenting your online ticket store and fundraising event in local languages.
Calendar list view for events
You can view the list of events in a calendar view if you have more than 3 performances for a particular event.
Yapsody's one-stop shopping cart allows your customers to add multiple events to their carts until they are ready to Check Out so customers can purchase multiple items in a single transaction.
Your customers can view the entire history of all their past transactions that they have made.
Upload your company logo in the header to brand your Online Ticket Store. If you do not have a logo, you also have the option to customize your header with text.
Customized Online Ticket Store URL
Every presenter can have their own customized URL for their Online ticket store for e.g. yourvenuename.yapsody.com.
Create your customized FAQ's section to clear your customers doubts regarding the event.
Calendar view on BoxOffice
View all your events for a particular month at one glance with the help of the calendar view at the home of your box-office.
Assign user permissions
Presenter can assign unique permissions for each users to scan apps or view reports.
Broadcast your events on various social media platforms and increase your event visibility through our social media integration tool.
Quickly import your customer list into your Mailchimp contact list with our MailChimp integration tool.
Yapsody reports give you detailed information about your customers, your events, and most importantly, your success. Yapsody provides different reports like Quick stat report, transaction report, tax reconciliation report, cash flow reconciliation report, event summary report, attendee details and customer list reports
Entry to your event with no strings attached. Let your attendees choose where they would like to be seated or standing at your event. The General Admission ticket gives your attendee the ultimate flexibility to move around within the venue of the event. The best seats in the house go on a first come first serve basis. No reservations.
Sell tickets from your virtual or premise box office system and let your attendees can purchase tickets online from the same inventory. This allows you to combine all your sales channels and prevent any kind of double booking whatsoever.
Yapsody understand the importance of sponsors for you, and because of that, we offer presenters a designated space on each e-Ticket for displaying sponsors ads of their choice.
Yapsody gives you an opportunity to advertise upcoming events on your own Yapsody e-Tickets.
Display the company logo on the header of the e-Ticket to increase your branding.
Display specific event related important messages and conditions on your e-Ticket.
Use your android phones and iOS devices to scan your customers event tickets.
Yapsody YapStats App provides you a flexible and comfortable way to track your ticket sales report, daily sales report, revenue you earned and many more.
Providing the ability to sell event tickets in local currencies is one of the many ways we strive to support event presenters around the globe. Click here to check the list of currencies we are support.
Yapsody has been localizing online ticket store for international markets by allowing them to show their online ticket store in their local language
Yapsody provides its presenters to give multiple ticket delivery options like, Email, Print and Will Call / Pick Up to their customers and also the flexibility to choose from multiple payment methods
Multiple ticket types? Take control of your tickets with our inventory management feature. Manage your tickets and reserve tickets for your special guests. Sell tickets online and keep a close tab on your inventory with our robust inventory management system.