The Rock Ford Foundation is a non-profit corporation initially formed to save the Rock Ford mansion and maintain it as a museum for communal activities. They exist to further develop Rock Ford Plantation in promoting General Edward Hand’s legacy for the cultural and educational nurturing of the public.
HOW IT STARTED
- Rock Ford was the home of Edward Hand and his family as well as enslaved and free laborers.
- Today, Rock Ford is comprised of 33 acres at the southeastern edge of Lancaster City surrounded by Lancaster County Central Park.
- The mansion is on the National Register of Historic Places and is recorded in the Historic American Building Survey.
- Rock Ford is widely considered to be one of the most important examples of Georgian domestic architecture surviving in Pennsylvania and the most intact building predating 1800 in Lancaster County.
- The mansion’s elegant rooms are furnished with an outstanding collection of period furnishings and decorative arts.
- It is currently supported by memberships, gifts, grants, earned income from the rental of the facilities for weddings, guided tours, and other fundraising events.
- Rock Ford is also home to special events such as annual 18th Century Yuletide Candlelight and Daylight Tours and theatrical productions such as “The Matchmaker: A Tale Drawn from ‘Emma’ by Jane Austen.”
YAPSODY USER SINCE: 2018
PRICING PLAN: Gold Tier
“Yapsody makes it easy to customize the events for our museum with the various options offered for event set-up. I like that we can add a photo to the event information and give a lot of details about the event on the initial screen. Plus, we can create different categories for tickets, such as age ranges for children’s tickets for our children’s event programming.
Yapsody definitely saves time in our event management. We like that we can format a PDF of guest attendance to include however much or little information as we need for check-in purposes. Also, we have noticed that online sales are gradually increasing because people are accustomed to ordering tickets whenever they want no matter the time of day.”
– Nancy Bradley, Rock Ford Foundation
Yapsody turned out to be the perfect elevation point for Rock Ford to foray into the online event ticketing landscape. Our platform also proved to be the perfect mix of online and offline features for an esteemed historic house museum like Rock Ford. Using our extensive set of features, they were able to streamline their entire event management process and increase their online sales.
Read more about their journey with Yapsody in this case study.