An event presenter’s job is one of the most stressful jobs there is. From ideating the event, making arrangements for every aspect of the event, dealing with non-cooperative vendors to making sure your attendees leave the venue happy, event planning sure is an overwhelming task, each time.
Fortunately, using the right online ticketing system like Yapsody, you can manage your tasks like selling your tickets, promoting your event using MailChimp & social media, checking real-time stats a lot more efficiently.
Here’s our event planning checklist with timelines you should use to make sure you’re on the right track.
6 Months to the Event
- Figure What You Want To Achieve From This Event
- Create A Rough Budget
- Define the ideal amount you’re willing to shell out for the event
- Define Your Stakeholders
- Food & Drink Providers
- Sound & Lighting Providers
- Make Decisions
- Select a date
- Pick a Venue
- Define the event venue seating type [Hints: Reserved Seating and General Admission]
- Select performers/speakers for your event
- Decide how you’d like to promote your event
- Estimate all expenses for your event [Hints: Sound & lighting, food & beverage, ticketing fees]
- Set prices for your tickets
- Get Into the Deets
- Pick your event’s theme [Hints: What would resonate with your target audience?]
- Select a low-cost online ticketing system
- Look up for seasonal offers to save on your budget
- Create a customized online ticket store
- Customize your ticket
- Decide who pays ticketing fees [Hints: You can bear the expense or pass on the fee to your attendee]
3 Months to the Event
- Finalize the Little Things
- Follow up with vendors to ensure smooth operation
- Make food & beverage orders
- Arrange for lineups & sub-headliners
- Get performer details [Hints: Artist image, bio]
- Create a marketing strategy for your event [Hints: Tone of messaging, channels for promotion]
- Create a promotional video
- Get Started with Ticket Sales
2 Months to the Event
- Send Reminders to All Stakeholders
- One Final Review
- Check event sales stats and make changes to marketing strategy
- Go for a food-tasting
- Review and make arrangements for security
1 Month to the Event
- Get People Talking
- Create Event Schedule
- Create a detailed time-based schedule
- Forward event schedule to all event stakeholders
1 Week to the Event
- Perfecting D-Day
- Approve all performer scripts/speeches
- Confirm timings with stakeholders
- Update stakeholders with final ticket sales numbers
Day of the Event
- Keep Calm. Your Event Is Here.
- Ensure all checkboxes have been ticked
- Scan attendee tickets for entry into the venue
- Let the party begin.
This event checklist will serve as a handy guide to organize your next event with ease! Simply print this checklist or create your own customized version with event specifications. Now that you have a plan in place, go on, create your event on Yapsody and make use of the crazy holiday season offers we have in store for you!
The YAPSODY Content is protected by copyrights, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws. User agrees not to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, repost on any website, or create derivative works of the YAPSODY Content without the express written permission of YAPSODY or as otherwise expressly permitted pursuant to the TOU, or to the extent that YAPSODY Content sharing functionality is provided by YAPSODY. YAPSODY reserves all rights to YAPSODY Content not granted herein.