It’s almost Halloween! While the world gets ready to adorn vampire outfits, carve out pumpkin faces and spook the crap out of each other, we’re reminded of somebody who cannot be spooked anymore – because his life itself is a nightmare. We’re looking at you, event managers.
At the time of making this career choice, you probably pictured yourself bowing on stage at the end of the show, in front of three thousand spectators, while they applaud the spectacular show you or your enterprise put on. In reality, well, it happens more often in your dream.
Here’s presenting an event presenter’s 8 worst nightmares.
1. Never Ending Queues: You’ve managed to get a Hollywood A-lister to perform in your city and you just announced you’re selling tickets outside the venue gates on the coming Friday night. Next thing you know, fans have already started to camp at the door so they can get hands on your tickets first. Sure, this is a great sign – you’re event is going to sell out for sure! But, do you really want to put your attendees through the experience of waiting in lines in the scorching heat, rubbing shoulders? More importantly, do you want to be sitting there all day selling tickets and disappoint fans towards the end of the line? We didn’t think so either.
What you need to do: Use Yapsody’s online event ticket store and let fans skip the queue. Sell tickets online without having to deal with any person. People wanting to buy your tickets can check the number of seats remaining in real time, so you won’t leave anyone disappointed.
2. High Ticketing Fees: You’ve decided to take the smarter way out and sell tickets online instead. But now you browse through multiple websites and come across the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever seen – ‘$2 fee for every ticket sold.’ Your tickets only cost $8! The event management spirits welcome you into nightmare number 2 – the one where they rain fire all over your finances.
What you need to do: With Yapsody, you have two solutions. Yapsody’s ticketing fee is extremely low, you wouldn’t mind paying it. In the case that you do, you have the option to pass on the ticketing fee to your ticket purchaser. Again, it’s so low, they won’t mind paying either. Additionally, we’re also running Holiday Season deals so you can avail another 25% off on your ticketing fees.
3. Unsupportive Customer Support: A nightmare common to humans of all the segments of demographics – poor customer support is something we all dread. Having to deal with a higher number of stakeholders than other people, event presenters have it the worst. While you strive to give your attendees the best experience during, before and after the event, you need your stakeholders to cooperate with you. If they don’t, your nightmare also becomes your attendees nightmare (we’re talking late refunds.)
What you need to do: Use a ticketing system you know provides the best-in-class support. Customer support is our USP – we are literally available 24/7. Each presenter that has shared their experience with Yapsody has ONLY good things to say about our customer support. Whether it’s your ticket purchaser or yourself, reach out to Yapsody for a query (in our capacity) and we’ll happily provide you with just the resolution you need.
4. Bouncer Brawls: This one’s a popular nightmare. We’ve seen it in the movies and in person – somebody conveniently “forgets” to bring a ticket they never purchased and walks in with a face like they obviously have a ticket. The usher stops them to check the ticket and, well, you know the drill. While one fake attendee is detected, there may be 10 that go unnoticed.
What you need to do: Don’t let this happen, obviously. Using Yapsody’s online ticketing system, you get access a mobile application called YapScan that lets you scan your attendee’s tickets. Validate tickets quicker and identify fake tickets in an instant.
5. Empty Seats: This one’s the greatest of all nightmares. While most of the other issues generally pop up when the sales numbers are too high and there is too much to deal with, this one is a sign of an unsuccessful event – a nightmare than can make the presenter question his career choice. The unfortunate incident often happens because the event wasn’t promoted using the right techniques and at the right time.
What you need to do: Yapsody’s online ticketing system is integrated with all the promotional tools you’ll need to publicize your event far and wide, or to the designated area of your choice. Our MailChimp integration, SEO tools, social media sharing tools, and campaign tracking ability using Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel will help boost your ticket sales. If marketing is not your forte, leave it to us! We’ll list your event as a premium listing and publish your event on our social media platforms that you can simply share with a click.
6. Seating Confusion – How often have you found yourself acting like an intermediary between two people fighting for a seat? We’re guessing, plenty. When you sell tickets to a general admission event, giving attendees seats on a first come first serve basis, you make yourself vulnerable to complaints about attendees reserving seats by placing their shopping bags or popcorn on it. Yes, this is a nightmare you want to avoid at all costs.
What you need to do: When there is a possibility of the above mentioned actions to occur, always go for a reserved seating system. Yapsody’s online ticketing system gives you the ability to sell reserved seat tickets, so attendees wanting to save the best seat in the house can do so without fighting for it and involving you in it.
7. Currency Not Supported: Is your local currency not as popular as the US Dollar? Do you find yourself looking up uber cool softwares you’d want to try but shut the tabs soon after you read a little note at the bottom saying ‘Accepts US Dollars only’? This one nightmare almost makes you upset about where you’re located and collecting payments online becomes close to impossible. Without collecting payments in advance, you take the risk of paying other event stakeholders from your own pockets, without any estimate of how many people will actually purchase your tickets – truly a nightmare!
What you need to do: Leave this one to us. Yapsody supports 150+ currencies from around the world, so you can collect payments, no matter where you’re located. Relax, we’ve got you covered.
8. Oh-So-Basic Tickets: Let’s assume you’re hosting a Princess themed party for the little girls in your community. You’re selling tickets to an event the girls are looking forward to. The parent hands over the ticket to the highly enthusiastic child and they have a look at it but are not as excited as they should be. Why must that be? Take a guess – your tickets looked as if they were passes to a conference about ‘how to deal with finances’ – white, black and boring fonts. While this is not a dealbreaker, your tickets can make or break a ticket buyers perception about your event.
What you need to do: Make use of Yapsody’s ticket customization feature. Whether you’re hosting a professional conference on leadership or a kid’s party, customize your ticket to set the tone for your event and get your attendees eager to attend it.
It takes plenty to put on a successful show, a superhero ability of sorts. While things may have gone haywire the last time you organized an event, know that there are always solutions – whether it is in the form of humans or softwares to make sure you have it in control the next time you present a show. At Yapsody, we’ve fit our system with every possible feature to make sure nothing goes wrong at your event and you never have to have a nightmare again. Go on, sign up with Yapsody and see your nightmare switch to a daydream turned reality.
YAPSODY Content is protected by copyrights, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws. User agrees not to copy, reproduce, distribute, publish, display, repost on any website, or create derivative works of the YAPSODY Content without the express written permission of YAPSODY or as otherwise expressly permitted pursuant to the TOU, or to the extent that YAPSODY Content sharing functionality is provided by YAPSODY. YAPSODY reserves all rights to YAPSODY Content not granted herein.