The health and safety of our communities will always be our top priority. The ambiguity remains constant even with the latest vaccine developments around the world. Event attendees are opting for the safest venue that follows necessary protocols during this time. For this reason, we want to do everything in our capacity to help you make decisions about your event, so you have one less thing to worry about.
Our users requested a functionality where they can have the option to automatically block or hold nearby or adjacent seats once a ticket is booked. To ensure event seating safety protocols while attending a physical event, we’re happy to announce the launch of our Social Distancing Holds.
Creating an additional layer of event safety is now easily achievable by configuring your holds, hold codes, and the number of blocked seats from your Event Setup Wizard interface.
Currently, hosting live events means being proactive in your logistics and operations before, during, and after the event. For those who’re all set to host their upcoming events, rather than focusing on an ideal number, focus on an event planning checklist.
Here’s How You Can Ensure Regular Safety Protocols At Your Events
Ensure Ground Rules
- Mandate the rule of No Mask = No Entry and don’t hesitate to deny entry if guests decline to abide by it politely.
- Limit your event attendance or venue capacity to allow for social distancing, or host smaller events in larger venues that let you utilize our Social Distancing Holds appropriately. Here are 6 Types Of Socially Distanced Live Events You Can Organize.
Ensure Freedom Of Movement
- Use multiple entrances and exit points for optimized crowd control.
- Block off certain seating sections or rows to maintain a distance of 6 feet.
- Align team-specific or individual level permissions to your event management team with our User-Access Control feature.
Clear Your Queues
- Eliminate long lines or queues by using our ticket scanning app Yapscan and provide signs or other visual cues such as tape or chalk marks.
- Physical guides like tape on floors or signs on walls will ensure your guests remain at least 6 feet apart and move quickly as guided.
Combine Your Online & Offline Events
- Prioritize outdoor movement during the event duration where social distancing can be maintained as much as possible.
- Offer online attendance options in addition to in-person attendance to help reduce the volume of attendees.
Limit Occupancy Areas
- Limit the number of people who occupy the restrooms at any given point of time to allow for social distancing.
- Do not allow crowded lines to form near the rest area or smoking zones.
We hope our safety protocol checklist proves to be valuable for all your upcoming events and enhances your event management.
For more such safety protocols and strategies, check out our COVID-19 Resources For Event Presenters.
Related Event Safety & Distancing Resources: