Marketing your fundraising event through an effective email campaign is one of the best ways to notify new donors and attendees about your event. But do your emails reach your audience or do they go right into the trash? Email campaigns can give you the best results if you follow the rules right. Not that there are hard and fast rules, but following certain tried and tested practices can take your campaign a long way. Here are 7 important tips to consider while creating an email campaign to draw attendees to your non-profit event.
- Get Attention: Did you know that emails are 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter? However, this works only when your emails stand out from the rest of the promotional emails your audience receive. Write an intriguing subject line; talk about the mission, not the money. The first impression is all it takes to make or break your campaign. While a great subject line is crucial, your preview text is the deal breaker. Make sure to keep every detail that your reader sees before opening the email interesting enough for them to want to open it.
- Be Human: Want maximum attendees at your fundraiser event? Personalize your email to promote your event. Remember you are interacting with a human, not a computer. Most email marketing softwares allow you to include your reader’s first/full names. For a better response rate, use the reader’s name in the subject line to get their attention quicker.
- Clear CTA (Call to Action): The main reason for your email campaign is lost, if you miss out on giving a clear CTA to your readers. Be it “Buy Tickets Now”, “Enroll NOW” or “Donate Now” for your next event, your CTA has to be absolutely clear so your recipients take the expected action on your emails. Avoid multiple CTAs as they can confuse your readers to click on multiple options. You can track this activity by looking at the Click Rate, Open Rate and other metrics provided by your email marketing software. You can use Yapsody’s MailChimp Integration and track these metrics in your linked MailChimp account.
- Use Visuals: Plain text can be boring. Try using a combination of text and visuals related to your cause to make it interesting for your user. Readers generally skim through content when reading emails. You can either create a visual using tools like Canva, Adobe Photoshop or CorelDRAW or simply upload a creative image/GIF to make your content appealing.
- Be Precise: Readers do not like to read long essays. Be precise and convey your message in bullet points as much as possible. Don’t miss out on the important details like the event date, time, venue and the artists performing at the event.
- Be a Storyteller: Whether you’re raising funds for global warming or to save children dying of hunger, using a story helps to build emotional connect with the readers. Back it up with facts and statistics to support your story.
- Share on Social Media: Events, when promoted on social media can get you to attract the relevant attendees to your event and help generating revenue. Add social media links in your email to promote your fundraising event, so your readers can check everything about you and your event on one page. Offer discounts to your readers on sharing the event with their friends and family on social media.
These email campaign tips will surely help you increase the open rate for your email campaign and drive more attendees to your next fundraiser event. Yapsody not only has an integration with MailChimp, one of the leading players for mass mailing but also is the most preferred ticketing system for Non-Profits because of its value proposition. At Yapsody, we recognize that non-profit entities exist for the betterment of the communities. We want to do our part to support them. Here’s an offer we’d like to share – If you’re a non-profit organization, you get a 50% rebate on your event ticketing fee. Additionally, you can sell your first 50 tickets for free. Sign up for free today and sell out your fundraiser event in minutes.