According to the CDC Guidelines, there is no specific limit or recommend a number of event attendees for live events that qualify as appropriate social distancing. However, there is a stringent emphasis on event organizers to go contactless and avoid sensitive touch zones at their gatherings. Before planning events, event organizers will have to check state and city rules for current restrictions limiting the number of attendees at events.
The uncertainty remains constant even with the latest developments around the world. However, with our 5 Point Strategy For COVID Event Management, you’ll be able to handle the uncertainty a little better. For those who’re all set to host their upcoming events, rather than focusing on an ideal number, focus on an event planning checklist to make sure everything is in place.
Here’s A 10 Point Checklist For Successful Social Distancing At Events
1. Limit the event attendance or venue capacity to allow for social distancing, or host smaller events in larger venues.
2. Mandate the rule of No Mask = No Entry and don’t hesitate to deny entry if guests decline to abide by it politely.
3. Use multiple entrances and exit points for optimized crowd control.
4. Block off certain seating sections or rows to maintain a distance of 6 feet.
5. Eliminate long lines or queues by using our ticket scanning app Yapscan and provide signs or other visual cues such as tape or chalk marks.
6. Physical guides like tape on floors or signs on walls will ensure your guests to remain at least 6 feet apart in lines.
7. Prioritize outdoor movement during the event duration where social distancing can be maintained as much as possible.
8. Offer online attendance options in addition to in-person attendance to help reduce the volume of attendees.
9. Limit the number of people who occupy the restrooms at any given point of time to allow for social distancing.
10. Do not allow crowded lines to form near the rest area or smoking zones.
We hope our 10 point checklist proves to be valuable for all your upcoming events. Our COVID Recovery Offer is live for a limited time period which gives you a FLAT 40% OFF on your event ticketing fees. Also, if you’re new to Yapsody, SIGN UP NOW and your first 50 tickets sold are absolutely FREE.