Planning a farm event comes with its unique set of challenges. As an event presenter, you need to raise enough money to cover the event’s costs. Also you’ll require a large staff to ensure things run smoothly.
Unless you have a large budget, you may not be able to afford to cover all expenses. To start off, event volunteers are the perfect solution to give you the much needed manpower. Additionally, a ticketing system with low ticketing fees will not only help pass on the low cost to your purchasers thereby attracting more customers, but it will also help you navigate through the on-sale activities with ease.
So, before setting up your farm event what attributes should you look out for in a ticketing system? At the most basic level, you need a ticketing platform that facilitates hassle free booking of tickets. Beyond this, you need a solution that gives you total control over all aspects surrounding your event ticketing. Keeping this in mind, here’s a list of attributes that you should consider while zeroing in on an event ticketing solution.
- Customizable event page – You may want to create a custom event page for your event that matches with your event branding and encourages booking. Many ticketing sites will have the feature to test event pages so you can see how your event page will look like.
- Customizable event page URL – Along with a customized event page, you need a unique URL for your event that can be shared with your potential event attendees.
- Simplicity and ease-of-use – An event ticketing system should be easy to use and have a simple interface. Navigation should be intuitive and setting-up your event should be a quick and stress-free process.
- 24/7 customer support – Whether you or your customers have questions related to your event no matter what day or time, the customer support service should be available 24/7 for event presenters and ticket purchasers alike.
- Real time event reports – As an event host you may want to know the real time information about the number of tickets sold versus unsold tickets, overview of ticket booking on a weekly and daily basis with an ability to download the data to your local machine.
- Attendee report – Having an event attendee or ticket purchaser report gives you valuable actionable insight for your future events. Some ticketing platforms allow you to add custom question fields on your registration page, thereby letting you collect data that you want from attendees as well as improve the user experience of those coming to your site.
- User experience – According to a study, about one third of potential purchasers abandon a site because of long and complicated checkout processes. An easy and quick checkout for your event attendees should therefore be on your checklist to avoid high defection.
- Mobile responsiveness – Research says that more than half of all customers are less likely to engage with a company because of a poor mobile experience. So it is very important to have event pages which are mobile responsive for booking tickets.
- Social media integration – Social media is a great way to increase awareness for your events. With a ticketing system that is socially integrated, users can share your event easily across all social media channels. This helps to broaden your marketing scope and gives a fillip to your registrations.
- Differential pricing – If you are planning to offer different price for different categories of tickets i.e. adult, child, differently abled, etc. then the ticketing platform must be able to accommodate this.
- Discount options – You may want to use different types of discount categories for promoting your event. A ticketing platform should be able to generate and accommodate different discount options viz. single use code, group discount, multi use promo code, etc. for your event registrants.
- Marketing and promotions – For increasing conversion rates, the ticketing platform should be able to integrate tools such as Facebook Pixel and MailChimp to send retargeted ads and invitations to your customers. Furthermore, if you have a good knowledge about SEO, then the platform should enable you to change attributes such as title, meta description, and keywords for your event page from within the the ticketing tool itself thus paving way to increased traffic from search engines.
FarmFreshTix, a division of Yapsody
FarmFreshTix, powered by Yapsody works with farmers to transform their greatest assets into people destinations. FarmFreshTix provides full-service customer support, easy event setup, and ticketing for all types of farm events. Contact customer support now to enable 40% off on regular pricing for farms.